Developing A Marketing Strategy: The Process
Everything I do boils down to one thing:
helping you make good marketing decisions.
Each business is different–and that’s exactly where we’ll start.
1. What are your unique goals?
2. Who’s your audience?
3. How do people see you right now?
(And if you aren’t quite sure, that’s okay–I can help with that, too.)
We’ll find your solution.
The marking foundation will provide answers to those constant questions, like:
- “I just have so many ideas and they don’t seem to be working… What’s the best use of my marketing dollars?”
- “What types of social media should I be using and how do I get my audience to engage?”
- “Is my website as effective as it could be?”
- “I do it differently than anyone else, how do I convey that?”
Everything we uncover during this process will be used to inform us about the types of graphic design needs you do (or don’t) have, where to put your message and how to shift what you’re doing so it will be more effective.
Once we’ve explored your business, I’ll spin my 17 years of marketing experience into developing a customized, comprehensive marketing strategy that speaks effectively to your ideal audience, helps you build a bolder brand, and ultimately speeds you towards your business goals.
Put the strategy (or plan) to work.
I invite my clients to be as involved as they want to be–think of me as a marketing guide. For DIYers, I can share tools you can use to simplify decisions and keep your marketing rolling. For busy owners who just need one less thing to do, I’m happy to run the show–or anything in between.
If we need a videographer, a graphic designer, a copywriter or web developer (or anything else), we can rely on your in-house staff and trusted resources, or I can source exactly the independent professionals and vendors we need.
Got a smaller need?
Like scoping your competition, getting advice on a campaign, or building a better brand guide? I can help with that too. Let’s talk.
Pardon the jargon, but in case you’re curious,
here are the official marketing terms for the process described above. Same thing, different words.
Marketing Strategies & Plans
- Research and Insights
- Determine Target Audience
- Analyze Current Brand (and further define if needed)
- Review Competitive Landscape
- Define Marketing Goals and Objectives
- Marketing Strategies
- –> Creative/Content Strategy
- –> Media/Contact Strategy
- Media Buying
- Project Management
- –> Timeline Management
- –> Budget Management
- –> Strategy Oversight
- –> Creative Development
- –> Media Monitoring
- Measuring Campaign Success
- Recap Reports/Future Recommendations
Marketing Consulting & Training
- Professional Training
- Sounding board for marketing decisions
- Ongoing support for such things as:
- –> Maintaining marketing strategies
- –> Working with a creative team
- –> Managing projects
- –> Managing a marketing budget
- –> Measuring what you do
- –> Planning for your next campaign
I call on a team of talented independent collaborators to pull larger campaigns together
(if you don’t have connections you prefer, of course).
- Creative Strategy
- Content Strategy
- Creative Concepts
- Art Direction
- Identity Packages/Logos
- Graphic Design
- Website Design and SEO
- User Experience and Interface
- Signage, POS, Environment Design
- Public Relations
- Copywriting & Content
- Videography and Sound Design
- Guerrilla Marketing
- Social Media Execution